Friday, October 30, 2015

Homework Summary - Friday 10/30

No homework. Have a safe and happy Halloween!

Today's Bell Work writing prompt was: Write a story about Halloween from the perspective of a candy.

Kristin Dallas
St. Mary School
Grade 7
October 30, 2015

Bell Work

Halloween is getting pretty stale, like me. An old treat from the beginning of time that used to sky rocket during the holidays. I’m round, white, and gush marshmallow sweets when you bite into me. Have you guessed what I am, yet? I’m a candy eyeball. Chewy and delicious, but the young-ins of this era seem to like throwing me out of their decorated bags and the parents don’t pick me up. You’ll be lucky to see me at a dollar store.

Halloween has been boring overall for any candy, even you, Snickers! The parents are getting so paranoid it’s a miracle to see two kids on one block. Halloween is about going doorstep to doorstep and getting treated with candy. Not running behind your kids and panicking. Stupid humans. Back in my days my little eye would get teary from the smiles on the little children's faces. With my one blue and green eye I can say, “I spy with my wise old eye, a tradition ending,” but what can a candy eyeball say and why are you listening to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment